Linggo, Marso 25, 2012

STUDENTS’ REFLECTIONS ABOUT THE BLOG



Carezza Marie B. Basis
            In the beginning I was very enthusiastic about the idea of using blogs with my classmate and thought they would appreciate the fact that they could use the internet to improve their skills. After a week I realized that it was not like I had expected, in spite of the fact that there were few of us who reacted well and felt motivated with the idea. However the majority of us seemed to look seemed to look for the blog as mole work, something they were not familiar with and consequently would represent spending time to learn. These blogs gave me huge opportunity to share my ideas and have some feedbacks. Having clarified and constructed my own ideas by reflecting learning points and from mini projects made my learning much effective and productive thought are not just appeared and disappeared but captured and processed with experiences and knowledge. I had to enlarge my learning baggage.

Kezia T. Abasola
            My first impression about making a blog was “oh my! I don’t have any idea about this thing.” It really scares me because I don’t know how to make a blog, but thanks to my group mates who motivated and helped me about this issue. Making a blog is an interesting thing to do. It’s like you’re sharing the entire story of your life in a very high technology way. Yes it was! Many people will look at your stories, ideas and experiences via internet. Through this, I am now convinced that having a blog is essential. It will not only serve as an entertainment but it also serves as a channel of knowledge and wisdom. Through this blog, you may be acquainted with the different minds of individuals who posted their ideas and learning’s about many things. Thus, the idea of deep learning opposed to surface learning has been promoted as an outcome of engaging learning experiences. Indeed having a blog is an effective way of learning.

Mafette L. Arique
            Creating a blog requires teamwork and collaboration. Me and my fellow members learned and shared our ideas together. We found this to be one of the most exciting benefits of blogging. The benefits of these connections are priceless. A sense of understanding and tolerance develops during the time we made this blog. Reflective writing helps to fix a picture in my mind and understand more deeply my values and my strengths as well as weaknesses. The use of this blog as a tool for implementing various levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy will absolutely clear about our desired learning outcomes for this course.

Jinerose S. Catubig
            Honestly saying, the class reaction reactions to the idea of using blogs were different from what I expected. Generally speaking, the older students didn’t like the idea whereas the younger ones. Although being not very excited by the idea. I accepted it and starting using blogs. It was my first time using blogs with my classmates. So it came as something strange and difficult to work on. My first reaction to it was one of the strangest; something I didn’t know exactly what it was and now I could be used with benefits. Technology has become so important in these days. I realize that it would be very beneficial for others to read this for they will learn something, even simple information. We are always talking about an ideal education; it should be a learner-centered and blog is one of it.

Sharrey Jane P. Cos
            My first thoughts about blogging were negative, as having no experience of blogging before. It seemed no-value adding this to my module of learning. I began to enjoy blogging when I realized that writing my own ideas and learning points instead of just making an overview is valuable for my learning. By blogging I could explore and deeply explain for myself a lot of useful things related to the specific topic. Before experiencing blogging I believed that my thoughts are in my head and then there is no need to write them but then I was wrong. I understood that constructing your thoughts and experiences in one picture make me aware of my understanding and my point of view on things. There is no use of having an ideas or opinions about certain things without understanding. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento